Well… I am absolutely gobsmacked!
I’ve received an award! My first one! 🙂 I am just so very happy to have been chosen for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”. At first I was really confused so I went online and found out that it is a “real” thing. *laugh*
I would like to thank Tonka Romana for nominating me. I am over the moon about it. 😀
So I hear there are some “rules” for these awards. I guess I will do my part now and actually do what I’ve been asked to do. PLEASE do not tell my husband that I can obey rules. He has no idea I can actually pull that off! 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
I am happy to nominate:
The Persistent Platypus
My Travels With Depression
Living Purposefully with Severe Chronic PTSD
Crazy in the Coconut
Special mention to Fumbling Through Therapy and Sam Ruck whom I would have loved to nominate as well.
And my 10 Questions to Answer:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I wanted to find a way to find a way to take all the crap that happened to me and flip things towards the positive. To share my lessons learned rather than my abuses lived.
2. What is a fear you hope to overcome?
Honestly? The fear I still have of my mother and what she will do. I’m 45, not 4 or 5 any longer. I need to find peace regarding this.
3. Who is your favourite female blogger?
This is a trick question! This is like asking “Who’s your favourite child?”. I can’t answer this one. 🙂
4. What is something you discovered about yourself that surprised you?
I have an ability to explain really difficult concepts in a way that people seem able to understand and I am able to articulate and/or write them down. It’s a gift I did not know I had.
5. Is there something you like to create when you are feeling down? Recipe? Music? Art?
Create? Art (meditative drawings) for sure but it is music that reaches the deepest parts of me and drags me back out of many sinkholes.
6. Is there a clip or short video you recommend people should watch when they need a little bit of humour in their life?
Clip or video? Not one that isn’t full of swear words. My secret is out. I’m a potty mouth… sorry.
For a laugh? I really like Auntie Acid
7. Do you have a favourite poem? Why?
I do. “The Mighty Oak” because it is inspiring and reminds me of how I have viewed my life and my hidden strengths.
A mighty wind blew night and day
It stole the oak tree’s leaves away
Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark
Until the oak was tired and stark
But still the oak tree held its ground
While other trees fell all around
The weary wind gave up and spoke.
How can you still be standing Oak?
The oak tree said, I know that you
Can break each branch of mine in two
Carry every leaf away
Shake my limbs, and make me sway
But I have roots stretched in the earth
Growing stronger since my birth
You’ll never touch them, for you see
They are the deepest part of me
Until today, I wasn’t sure
Of just how much I could endure
But now I’ve found, with thanks to you
I’m stronger than I ever knew
8. How often do you blog?
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I set this goal back in October and have managed to keep it going no matter how good or bad things have been going in my life. It’s also good to help me keep a schedule for life in general.
9. If you could travel anywhere and money is no object what would you go do or see?
Back to Europe to visit my wonderful friends.
10. What positive things does blogging do for your spirit?
It does a lot of positive things for me but the most important to me is to stay positive. It reminds me to spend my energy sharing skills I’ve learned (mostly the hard way) and not only hold “whine and cheese” parties.
My questions for my nominees.
- Since you are all writers, what is the best compliment someone could give you about your writing?
- What’s the wisest thing you have ever heard anyone say?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What would you regret not doing in your life?
- Where do you find peace?
- What are you grateful for?
- If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
- What stresses you out?
- In one word, what is standing between you and your biggest goal?
- What inspires you?